Friday, December 7, 2007

Wouldn’t it be cool if our life worked the way it does in cartoons?

I enjoyed watching cartoons as a kid. Now I have a 3 year old and I am watching lots of them and reruns of every episode more than a thousand times each. But surprisingly I enjoy them even today. Now when I watch them I cannot help but realize that physics works differently in cartoons.

Characters can walk on air, as long as they are not reminded of the situation. If they fall, they make their body impression in the ground or if it is water they go into the depths and float back with a smile on their face. Even if they are injured it is okay because they recover in a second. The characters pass through otherwise impenetrable barriers and hot peppers really do make smoke come out of their ears. Wouldn't it be cool if our world worked that way too?

I am a big fan of Pixar. It takes a lot of creative thinking and fresh perspective to come up with such great stories. I wish I remembered my dreams on the cartoon characters, I could have proudly read my son the stories authored by me. Watching so many cartoons these days I think I can come up with a few of my own!

I started wondering how it would be if the laws of Newton and Einstein changed to those of Hanna and Barbara (Producers of the Tom and Jerry show). Just imagine the laws of gravity working in coherence with emotions and intuition and negated by fear. One can run and almost fly without their feet touching to the ground when in a hurry, flight does not depend on mass of the body, can perforate solid walls at will. I would happily become a James Bond successor and work in some special rescue missions with super natural (or should I say cartoon) powers without getting hurt.

Life would be more exaggerated and funny so that the fantasy while still illogical makes sense. People would not look dull but idiotic. The innumerable and utterly complex emotions like happiness, sadness, anger, surprise, and disgust can be clearly expressed with different faces. Life would be less painful or mostly painless; you would get solutions to the problems in a blink, resolve differences with people around you in a moment. I could use all the emoticons shown in cartoons in my real life to express what I feel in different situations with out having to say a word!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sorry madhu i dont agree. it wont be COOL at all.. there wil be just laughter and joy in our lives .. guess it will be boring in long run righto .. no challenges , changes ,nothing in life..

WELL as usaul jsut kidding.. but still on a serious note it will definitely be not COOL.. life would be dull and cold( no spice)