Thursday, October 18, 2007

Why do people write blogs?

People write for different reasons. For some it may be like talking to a person, a friend, venting out all their thoughts and feelings. Some may have interesting ideas and would like to share it with others. Some may do it to start a conversation. Trying to get some comments on their work and discuss about it. Blogging has become a trend these days.

For me, it is different. I am not working right now and I was thinking of changing my profession. I always wanted to write but never tried it out. I was thinking of writing some articles and sending them to some editors. But one fine day, I got in touch with an old friend of mine and she suggested blogging when we were discussing on how to dive into the writing profession. That’s how I started my blog.

For me, it was not to convey my feelings. I was purely looking at my writing skills. The topics I chose were the ones I discussed with my friends over emails which got good responses. So I published them. I am not here to entertain or enlighten anyone with my writings. It is my medium to reach out to people and get some help to go forward as far as writing goes.

For some, they don’t care whether people read them or not. I do. The thought that my blogs are open to public forces me to write well. I think clearly when I write a blog. I get lot of insight when I sit to write. A bonus point is that jotting down my thoughts and feelings makes me understand them better.

I am aware that not all people think like me. But I am sure there are some who think like me and I am going to have an impact on them in some way or the other with my writings.

I am trying out different aspects of writing. I wanted to know if I have what it takes to write about some one else’s situation placing my self in their shoes. I wanted to write a very touching article. I tried “Can I handle the seasons of my life?” and I got a great response to it. Not as comments to the post but via personal emails. But that is fine. I succeeded in my attempt.

No comments: