Sunday, September 23, 2007

I wish I were an Artist

I enjoy watching chick flicks, especially those highlighting artists. I have seen some movies about emerging artists. The pop artists, at least most of them, write their own lyrics, compose music and perform to the songs all by themselves. They own the song completely. They start writing at a very young age. Lot of creativity is involved in this process.

I really appreciate these artists. Teenagers start creating albums which top the charts. The lyrics are so beautiful, meaningful, and emotional. It is hard to believe that such a young person could be so expressive. Usually they write from their personal experiences. Come to think about it we all go through ups and downs of life. But to be able to express our feelings in such a beautiful way is amazing.

I wish I were an artist. I would have given a concrete form to my feelings and created something memorable out of my phases of life. When you come across some beautiful romantic songs, either the artist has found some one or he is in company with a friend who is in a relationship. Same is the theory with the sad songs. Artists put their emotions into words and convey it to the world. I wish I were like them when ever I listen to their songs.

I want to recall how I felt when I topped the class in my 10th grade for the first time in several years of my schooling or how accomplished I felt when I got into the best job through campus placements. I have had a few accomplishments and failures in my life. But I don’t remember how I felt. I can generalize that I would have felt happy or sad but nothing specific. I wish I were able to put into words or in some way recorded how I felt when I my dad passed away and I was all alone pregnant with my son in this country when my loved ones were in India. I wish I wish…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VEry Touching Post !!!

Mytreyi said...

not a bad time to start now with the happenings in your life :-)

Anonymous said...

Ravi says...

The artist in you sleeping....after reading you blogs...i would say..you can be writer...All you need to do is

"WAKE UP THE ARTIST(WRITER) IN YOU"