Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tell me why?

My son is a question bank. He has these millions of questions brewing in his head and of course he asks me all of them and I have to answer. He does not take a ‘No’ for an answer. He thinks I am a knowledgeable super mom. From the past 4 years I tried to live up to his expectations.

Here are some of the funny things he asked and I managed to answer:

Animal School

Why does whale burp so loudly and then say pardon me in the slippery fish song?

Because burping loudly is bad manners.

Why does whale have bad manners?

Because it did not go to school and nobody taught him good manners.

Why dinn't the whale go to school?

Because it is not human and only humans go to school like you do.

For that my husband comes saying, animals go to school. Nemo (The clown fish from the movie “Finding Nemo” went to school ;-)

Grrrrrrrrr! I am bugged up with my son’s questions already and trying my best to answer them in a sane manner. And this guy makes my life difficult.

Why Dad?

Dad why are we not going on the bridge?

Because the bridge is not coming to us

My husband answers in such a way that my son never has a counter question. Poor me I create inquisitiveness in him and try to increase his knowledgebase!

Cow Boy

I showed him a man wearing a cowboy hat and here is our conversation:

Hey, look at that man. He is wearing a cowboy hat.

Yes, he is. Is he searching for his horse?

(Smiling) yes he is.

But where can he find a horse on the road?

OK! He is not searching for a horse. He is just walking

He is not wearing the right shoes.

What do you mean?

Cowboys don’t wear that kind of shoes. And he is wearing shorts. Ask him to wear the right jeans and shoes mommy.

Yeah right! I will go now and tell him, you are entitled to wear that hat only if you wear the whole package :-)

You are not turning the car to go tell him mommy :-)

Next day he sees a man in a convertible car wearing a cow boy hat..

Why is the man in the convertible car wearing a cow boy hat?

Because he thought the car was a horse;-) (I tried a smart answer this time and he didn't get the joke :-(

Am I newer?

He called me by my name. To that I told him he cannot call me by my name.

Son: Why should I not call you by name?

Me: Because I am older than you are.

Son: Am I newer than you?

2 comments:

Vijaya said...

oh I was badly missing ur interesting narrations of such incidents.. this blog compensated a bit :) Keep writing !

Madhuri said...

Hey V,

Welcome to my blog space. How did you know about this link? Did I give it to you?

Thanks. After writing couple of emotional posts I thought I myself wanted some laughs. So all these are what my son used to say when he was three and 4.

Still have a bunch of them. It feels good writing about his small adventures :-)

Regds
-M