Saturday, January 3, 2009

I am back to my personal blog!

Happy New Year to all my readers :-) Wish you all a very happy, prosperous and a different new year. Yes, I mean it when I say different. I think all of us should do some thing different this year to spice up our lives a bit. What do you say?

Coming to a little chat on why I disappeared from blogosphere - I decided to stop writing/posting/blogging for some time now as it is consuming a lot of time - blogging is just not writing. For me, it takes 20-30mts to write a post. But to be a part of the blogosphere is nerve racking. I mean when I started and I became successful I was on a break. I was not working, most of the time at home, blogging a minimum of 5-6 hours a day and offline networking with all the bloggers.

It was all great but trust me it becomes a little difficult to maintain when you are back to working 8-10hrs a day and rest of the time spending time with the family. Now that my son is growing, I need to spend more quality time with him, of course answering all his questions means more research for me :-)

I thought it was not fair to just post a blog once a month and respond to my reader's comments. I want to know what they are writing to keep in touch. You will feel out of place if you don't read your friend's blogs. So I started feeling guilty, out of place and a lot more when I was blogging at Sulekha. That is how I decided to quit blogging.

But one of my dear friends who looks forward to reading my blogs kept asking me from time to time to update my blog. Also, I miss writing so much. Now that I got used to it from the past one year. I want to write but not feel guilty about not participating in the community. Hence I thought I will write and save the docs in my laptop.

That did not work so well as I was not motivated enough. The reason that my blog is open for public reading forces me to write well. So I came up with an idea. I abandoned my personal blog and started writing in Sulekha as the community is quite inviting there. I rose to fame there and was treated so well by all the Sulekha bloggers that I did not wish to come back here. I had to market my blog which proved difficult.

But now, I wish to come back here and write. I need not network if don't have time. I can still use my blog to archive my thoughts and when I have time I can try for some visibility in the blogosphere. I love blogging. So why keep away from it right? So I will be posting frequently here. I may not get a chance to read others blogs much but I will definitely respond to all the comments (if any :-)

I am glad my friend asked me to write. I am back to my personal blog and I am quite excited to post great things here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should I keep my own personal blog or should I blog on a site like Sulekha known for its vast and discriminating audience?

This is a question that confronts many a blogger and the answer is obvious. The answer is "Yes!"

You should post your blog here on your personal blog and on Sulekha simultaneously. You own the content and you can replicated it to reach the widest audience. Think of yourself as a famous columnist whose columns get syndicated and printed by hundreds of newspapers around the world.

Madhuri said...

Hi there,

Hmm. Yeah that is what few of my friends suggested when I raised my concern. But the problem is as I mentioned in the post, blogging is just not posting an article. Many blogger friends come and read my post and leave comments and vote my post. They send me notes to come read their posts.

I have a huge network of friends there at Sulekha and I cannot say no to many of them. Reading others posts, participating in group writings, contests etc takes lot of effort and time which I do not have right now.

I am busy with work and family and planning to concentrate on my career for some time. At the same time I dont want to stop writing. So here I do not have much visibility and many of the friends who will know about my latest writing dont blog. So I am not obligated to read theirs.

My idea is to post here and once I can take some 3-4hrs for blogging from my day, I will go post them at Sulekha :-)

Regds,
Madhuri

hari said...

Hey Madhuri...
You are right, Community Blogging demands quite a bit of quality time

We wouldmiss your interesting blogs at Sulekha.

Hoping to see your enlightening blogs out here :-)
Best Wishes
Hari

Madhuri said...

Hi Hari,

Yeah, I have made so many friends out there, I feel guilty not reading their blogs and out of place when I dont know whats happening in the Sulekha world when I cannot participate in the EYC's and tagging games. It is like coming to work everyday and ignoring your colleagues, not saying hi to them and not talking to them :-) You know what I mean?

I miss Sulekha big time but I am quite busy at work. You know what? I am 3 weeks behind my schedule :-( I was overbooked in the proj plan :-(