Thursday, January 17, 2008

I dont hate men!

I do not hate men. I cannot think of even some fun things. I am not so funny you know when it comes to things like this.Yes, you heard me right. I do not hate men. I personally think I have been extremely lucky as I hardly had any bad experiences with guys as a kid; as I was growing up, in college, at work, or after getting married.

My brother, father, my class mates, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law, and now my son; well for that matter any guy I have interacted with has been quite decent to me and are very good men. I read some of the posts on this topic and I am aware of the things they have mentioned in there. I do know of some men whom I heard are mean to their wives, physically abuse them etc but I personally have not met them or interacted with them in any way. So I cannot talk about them.

For me, hate is a very strong word. I do not hate anybody. I do have some minor arguments with my husband at times but I am not perfect either. I always do what if analysis before reacting to any situation. If we calm down and try to think through there is always a problem on both sides when ever there is an issue. In any relationship the problem is never with one person.

We definitely cannot talk about strangers but with our own people, our family, we can change them if we are not comfortable with how they are or how they behave. For any change it is an agreement, a trade we should be willing to make. I give you some thing and you give me some thing in return. Let me compromise on certain things which are not very important to gain some which will make a difference.

Coming to men who are strangers who can affect me, I ignore them. I don’t give them a chance to scare me, threaten me, and take advantage of me. I stay away from them and such things. If you are careful enough you can avoid a lot of things. I studied in Co-education schools and travelled in buses. I had couple of unpleasant experiences, very minimal but I taught them a lesson soon.

In my opionion all women in one of way or another need a man’s help. It is vice versa too. We cannot exist with out each other so better come to terms and live a peaceful life. I am positive that if you ask a man he can come up with more reasons to hate women than we do. What is the point?

No comments: