Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Paino Lessons

I want to learn piano someday. I know how to play basic notes and some rhymes :) yes! rhymes. My son started taking keyboard lessons when he was 5. He went to a group lesson where you get a 5-10min instruction for a song. You need to practice at home and come back, the teacher reviews the song and teaches another song just once as she has to move on to the next kid.

I used to learn how to play that song at home when my son was at school and once he came back I used to teach him the song. He got pretty good at piano and the teacher suggested we start private lessons for him on real piano. We bought a decent upright piano after doing tons of research.

I learned Alfred's both books 1A and 1B. I can play all the songs from those books. But then once he moved to level 2 I did not get time to practice. But I did sit through all his classes and understood the theory so that I can make him practice at home. Even now, I can recognize notes better than him (not sure if that is in my favor or that he still has tough time in identifying some notes :)

Anyways, I always wanted to learn piano. It has been my fantasy since I was a kid. I always admired music from Hindi and Telugu movies. Mostly I love Bollywood songs. Watching movie actors play piano, I always dreamed of me playing the piano and singing a melodious song. Now that we have one at home, I want to take serious piano lessons and play some of my favorites.

Recently I watched one totally bakwaas movie "Thank You". Yes, I do watch such junk :) But I am glad I watched the movie.There is one beautiful tune Akshay Kumar plays on the flute. It is really melodious. At the end of the movie they show Vidya Balan singing the song "Han Har Ghadi, Har Pehar.." song. This is a very lovely melodious song.

I heard this song Today more than a thousand times. Now my wish to learn piano grew even stronger. One day I am going to learn and play this song to my husband!


No comments: