Saturday, August 21, 2010

Random things about me

Recently one of my friends tagged me in Facebook asking me to write 10 random things about me. I thought a little bit and was about to write them but then I did not like to broadcast. But it was at the back of my mind ever since. It has been over a month now I guess and I want to write.

Now you may ask, how this is not broadcasting :) If I post this at Sulekha, it would be I guess. People come here once in a while and its okay if the people that really mean something to me, know a little bit more about me, or if they read and think - Oh! I knew this about her :)

I have not thought about these before. I am going to write 10 things about me, whatever comes to my mind in the next few minutes and I am not going to edit them. Also, I think that it is purely based on the state of mind at a given moment. If I write the same post some other time, the 10 things would change. As of now, I am not in a very pleasant mood :)

Here are the 10 things:

1. I am not good when I have to do something in a specific amount of time. I perform really bad when I am timed. I play lot of word games. I improve consistently when I play a game with out a timer. If you give me a puzzle or a problem and stand before me, I might not do so well, but put it on paper, I will crack it in no time. Not sure why I have this problem, but I would like to overcome that.

2. I am too conscious of my weight. Sometimes, in fact most of the times it really effects my day.

3. I am not very serious about my job. I can do much better, but somehow I don't think I work to my full potential. I get distracted easily.

4. I cannot stick to one thing for long time. I am convinced I have commitment issues. My husband denies the fact saying that I am still married to him ;-)

5. I am good at singing. I want to learn music some day and sing before a large crowd.

6. I am good at puzzles. I want to learn how to solve Rubik's cube this month!

7. I am quite brave. I don't give in easily and I am real good at managing crisis situations.

8. I eat junk food ONLY when I am nervous, stressed out, depressed, sad.

9. I love Cappuccino Chocolate Crunch ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. I ate it only once though :)

10. I am scared to dress well and look good. I feel guilty when I spend time in self grooming. I was raised with a philosophy that self grooming is a sin and waste of time. Looks like it has been imprinted in my brain so bad, how much ever I try, I cannot erase it.

I want to try this exercise later some day when I am really happy and see what I come up with.

1 comment:

V said...

1 - Cant quite agree, you did perform well under those pressure times at work

2, 9 - Dont u worry babe, njoy life! Call me, anytime for coldstone (and.. anything for u ;))

4, 5 - Interesting to know (psst..u arent alone in these ;))

6, 7, 8 - Totally jealous

10 - Selfishness is good. If you havent read Ayn Rand before, I think its time.

..Waiting for your "happy" list :D