Monday, September 28, 2009

No expectations or reservations

I come across a wide variety of problems and issues people face, makes me wonder time and again is it really possible to live a life without any expectations or reservations?

What is it that we expect from people? Family, friends, neighbors, colleagues -Every person we encounter daily is but human and right in their own way.Why do we want them to fit perfectly into our definitions of right and wrong?

Why can’t we appreciate what we have in life and move on accepting people for what they are, how they are, and lead our lives in a sane manner? Why should it be so hard to accept someone for what they are? Why do we want them to do what we want them to do?

Who are we to judge people? Why do we think that our way is the right way to do things? Why can’t we place ourselves in their shoes and think why they are the way they are? May be there is a very strong reason for their behavior.

Why do we crave for universal acceptance? You think you are a great human doing everything right in life. Who defined what is right and wrong? It is people like us. I wonder what the context was when they defined the rules of society, and responsibilities of each role.

Why should it bother you if the definition of righteousness is not the same as the other person’s and they do not approve what you say or do and do not like you for what you are?

You do not like them for something. Don’t you think they don’t like you for their own reasons? What if they do not follow the widely acclaimed path? What if they want to live life their own way?

Why should I get affected so much when you do not like me, talk to me, comment my behavior which I think is nothing but perfect. What is in your mind? Do you understand me the way you are supposed to?

How much do you know about me? Do you even understand me the way I want you to? Did I ever give you the rules and definitions book which says all this? May be we should talk. May be I should ask you, why you do the things you do to me, that irritate me so much.

I don’t want to hate you. I don’t want to dislike you. I do judge you though based on your actions. Everything about them says that you are wrong. You are not being meaningful. You are not being good to me. I am sympathized for what I am going through.

But I want to know what you are going through. What is it that makes you behave this way to me? What is going on between us? Don’t you think we should talk? Please give me a chance to accept you unconditionally. Aren’t relationships all about compromise? Let’s talk. Let’s come to an understanding to resolve this crisis situation.

Do I even fit your requirement? What is it that I am doing wrong? Talk to me! Let’s both take a few steps forward to patch the distance between us.

I want to accept you for what you are without any expectations or reservations. I know it is very difficult but I want to try. I might be successful a little bit. It doesn’t matter. I will slowly and steadily master this art of accepting to make my life more peaceful.


PS: I started with something in mind, got carried away and ended up with something different :) Ramblings of a confused mind - I guess...

No comments: