Friday, January 16, 2009

Am I really a Scorpio?

A Sulekha blogger read couple of my posts and asked me about my Zodiac Sign. Her guess was a Cancer or a Pisces. She said that her guess was based on my writings - in particular from “What I leant from a chameleon?”

"I guess I learnt from the chameleon to match my wavelength with the people I interact with to make them comfortable in my presence."

Well, I am neither of them. I am a Scorpio. Shocked, surprised??? Don’t worry you are not the first. I get that a lot. Firstly let me confess that though I did read Linda Goodman’s Star Signs: the secret codes of the universe when I was in high school, I am not very good at analyzing people with their writings, attitude or for that matter even after I know them for quite a while. I am just not good at that. So I am not sure where she is coming from :-)

That said, when ever I say that I am a Scorpio, my friends’ have hard time relating me to the qualities of the sign. Actually after reading the zodiac sign’s not so good qualities I don’t believe myself. I keep telling everyone that may be I have all the good qualities of a Scorpio usually listed in the books and not the bad ones ;-)

Coming to the relationships, I did read different books on which signs are compatible etc when I was in college. Well, I am not sure of the correctness of those as I married a Leo that is considered a very incompatible relationship (A Leo man and a Scorpio woman). But guess what, our marriage was arranged after matching our horoscopes by some great astrologers. They said that according to the Vedic astrology our match is a “Sama Saptakam” making us natural friends. My dad said we will not have many fights and will get along very well. That is true to the core.

So I wonder how true are these Zodiac signs, the qualities we possess, compatibilities with other signs. I am not sure if I am really a Scorpio or give a different impression with my writings or my attitude. Keep guessing I don’t care what Zodiac sign I resemble or portray as I know what I am and I am very happy about it. Given a chance I would like to be myself nothing less or nothing more!

Originally posted at Sulekha

No comments: