Monday, December 31, 2007

A Thank You note from a blogging beginner!

I want to take this last day of the year 2007 to thank you all for accepting me into the blogging world and giving me a warm welcome. I really appreciate you reading my posts and taking time to comment. Each and every one of you made me popular. It is rewarding to know that there is some body out there who likes to read and comment on my work. I started blogging here and had a great start.

As of today I have 20 posts, a few page hits and some very good comments. I want to take a moment to thank each one of you for all the motivation. I would say the last few months of 2007 have been quite rewarding for me as a writer as I never imagined that I could possibly write anything. There is a joke on S/W engineers that if they become writers the story will be filled with keywords like if/else and do/while! So coming from that background and lacking writing skills and being accepted by the blogging world seems like a privilege.

While I agree that blogging is a very different ball game for me I am learning a lot by looking at what others are doing here. As I read the posts by some of the top bloggers I am getting some ideas. I am having a great time reading others blogs and the innumerable comments helps me step away from my own blog for a little while and get some fresh ideas and perspectives. I should mention that my friends are getting lazy in not posting their comments on the site but giving me feedback via email or chat.

I feel that my blogging experience here can bring about rich and wonderful conversations and lead to lasting friendships. I am aware of the fact that it can take a long time to build up a readership. In the mean time I am planning to enjoy the writing process. I started blogging to serve as a writing exercise. After seeing my words up on the internet, I now have the urge for people to read, comment, and relate to them… A natural inclination, I guess. Thank you for making my year a beautiful one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Draw parallel's between hot topics and your subjects. (cricket/movies/music/politics).
That will improve and increase comments.

Madhuri said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will keep that in mind. But I like to be different. I dont want to write on generic topics :-)

Actually I started posting the same posts at
http://g-madhuri.sulekha.com/blog/posts.htm

and I am getting great response there. Lots of crazy bloggers there.

Thanks for reading my post.

Madhuri